Sunday, March 4, 2012

March 4-11

Chicken is cheap. And healthy.

So I cook it. A lot.

John jokes that I know 487 awesome ways to cook chicken breasts. I'm not so sure it's a joke. :)

That being said, what with this being a short week for menu planning (we're visiting family in Chattanooga TN this weekend), and with "Subway Tuesday" (when we dash to Subway and scarf down on our way to Bible study), chicken is the only main meat I'm doing this week.

So, here is chicken week for ya :)

Monday
  • Chicken Marsala . This is just one variation of my standard go-to yummy chicken dish that I don't use a recipe for any more. But I included a good starter in case I lose my mind in the future and can't even cook this. My cousin says having children sucks all your brains away.
  • Roasted Red Potato Wedges. I don't use a recipe for this. Just cut washed potatoes into wedges, spread onto greased pan in a single layers, and drizzle olive oil, fresh garlic, salt, and parmesan cheese over them. Bake at 400 for 30 minutes, flipping onces
  • Caeser salad
Tuesday
  • Subway. Sadly, "FebruAny" is over, so we have to go back to the cheap-o $5 options.
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday-Sunday
  •  We'll be out of town. I will be making a ham and broccoli quiche so we have something to eat when we get back. And I have some leftover ham bits that need to get used. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment