Thursday, October 11, 2012

October 8-14

I'm finally caught up and am no long fibbing about the date. This is actually what we're eating this week! ;-)

Monday
  • Dal Nirvana. This is such a great dish for its' simplicity. We just got back from a cruise, and I don't have any fresh food it the house yet. Enter: Dal! All the ingredients are pantry staples for me, and I don't have to have or thaw any meat either. Win! *note: she changed the recipe on the site. Don't use the cumin, and try to use heavy cream*
Tuesday
  • Panera. This week had an awesome start, because well, life happens. I got sick right after our vacation, and after *successfully* getting my grocery shopping done, didn't have any energy left to make dinner. So, me all wrapped up my blanket, we drove thru the drive through of our new nearby Panera, where I got me some nice soup and John got a sandwich and salad.
Wednesday
  • Chicken, Chorizo, Rice, and Beans. I love this recipe, because it's quick and hearty. I feel bad for the tomatoes though, because there are only 5 ingredients in this dish, and the tomatoes are the only one that didn't make the title.
  • Salad
Thursday
  • Chicken and Rice Soup. Good and hearty. What I've been craving this whole week since I've been sick, but today is the first day I've had the energy to make it from scratch. Usually like fresh bread with it, but I had to order a new mixing paddle for my machine, so no bread tonight. :-(
Friday
  • Chicken Vegetable Curry. We love curry. After trying a few recipes and tutorials online, I've finally found "my" curry. Sorry I can't give you a link for it. :)
Weekend
  • Grilled Pork Chops
  • Couscous
  • Salad
  • Leftovers

No comments:

Post a Comment