Monday, June 11, 2012

June 11-17

This week is VBS at my church, so I'll be spending a large portion of my day corralling seven 4 year olds. :) Thus, my meals need to be a bit simpler. Nothing new or super difficult (until the weekend at least).

Monday
  • Salmon Burgers. I bought pre-made frozen salmon patties ages ago when they were on sale, so we had them tonight. I grilled them, topped them with melted mozzerella, and used a mayo-pesto blend along with tomato and spinach.
  • Corn-on-the-cob
Tuesday
  • Carnitas. These are made in the crockpot. I double the spices from this recipe. To eat, we'll use tortillas with salsa, avocado, sour cream, and cheese.
  • Salad
Wednesday
  •  Shish-Kebobs. I'll use chicken and stew meat, both marinated in Allegro, then skewer with cherry tomatoes, pearl onions, and chunks of mushrooms, bell peppers, zucchini, and yellow squash. Simple, healthy, one-dish meal. But even better because it doesn't even need the dish!
Thursday
Friday
  • Chicken Enchiladas. VBS gets done Thursday, so I'll have time Friday to make these. And they are so worth it. :)
  • Steamed Green Beans
Saturday
  • Omlettes
  • Cilantro, Pear, and Turkey Sausage. Got this recipe at a wine festival a month ago, and John has been begging me to make it ever since. Hopefully it is as good as what we tasted! 
 Here's the recipe:
  • Ingredients:
    • 1 lb ground turkey breast
    • 3/4 cup diced pears
    • 3/4 cup finely chopped red bell peppers
    • 1/2 cup finely chopped red onions
    • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
    • 1 tsp dried rubbed sage
    • 1/2 tsp salt
    • 1/2 tsp ground cumin
    • 1/2 tsp ground allspice
    • 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
    • 1 Tbl canola oil, divided
  • Directions
    • combine all ingredients (except oil) in mixing bowl.
    • shape into 1/2 inch thick patties
    • heat half the oil in skillet over medium heat
    • cook half the patties for 4 minutes; turn over, cook 3 minutes longer
    • drain on paper towels, repeat with remaining oil and patties
    • (my note: I will probably try these as sausage balls too, and bake in the oven)
Sunday
  •  Leftovers

No comments:

Post a Comment