Tuesday, April 10, 2012

April 9-15

My budget is happy. Since I've started being more disciplined about my recording my menus and sticking to them, my grocery budget has been going further. This past week, we spent Easter with family, and I spent about $12 to contribute to the meal, and last week we also bought a pizza for dinner one night. Even with that, this week I still had $13 left over in my food envelope! Huzzah!

Monday
  • Marinated grilled chicken. Used 3-Cheese Italian and Caesar dressing for the marinade
  • Caesar Roasted Cabbage. I hate cabbage. But it's so super cheap, and this recipe actually looked good, so I tried it. Very glad I did....yummy!
  • Roasted red potatoes. I put a sauce over them of butter, sour cream, dijon mustard, and mozzerella cheese.
Tuesday
  • Taco Bus on our way to Bible study. It's an authentic mexican place that is literally in a parked bus. A huge burrito is $5, and it's enough for us to share. yum!
Wednesday
  • Hamburgers. I form them myself...none of this wasting money to buy the pre-done ones. Also, this way I can put tasty-ness in! This time, I plan to knead fresh garlic and barbeque sauce into the patties, and stuff them with bacon bits and cheddar cheese. And along with the regular toppings, I will sauté mushrooms and green peppers
  • salad
Thursday
  •  Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Pasta
  • Vegetable Medley. This is a classic summer dish for me, when all the ingredients are cheap. Sauté sliced zucchini, summer squash, bell peppers, and mushrooms up in a bit of olive oil or butter. Season with Mrs. Dash, and melt parmesan cheese over everything.
Friday
Saturday
  • Fresh bread (in my bread maker)
  • Chicken Stir-fry. I just buy the bags of frozen stir-fry vegetables that already have the sauce packets, and use cooked chicken cubes and brown rice. Fast, easy, healthy. Perfect for the weekend
Sunday
  • Leftovers/Freezer meals

No comments:

Post a Comment